Have you ever noticed how many times God calls you out from your comfort zone and into something new?
In my own life, the "something new" can be as dramatic and life-changing as marriage or the birth of a child. Other times, the "something new" can be as subtle as a simple conversation that sparks a shift in my attitude. Whatever the "something new" looks like in this new season of your life, you can bet that your life will not be boring, complacent, or stale!
But we still have to take that first step, right? Maybe we want to take that first step into whatever God is calling us to do, but we find that something is holding us back. Like a pesky blister on the backs of our feet, something keeps us from venturing forward in our journey and our pursuit of Christ.
Notice the benefits of God's abundant generosity: He forgives our sins, he heals our diseases, he redeems our lives, he crowns us with steadfast love and mercy, he satisfies us with good, he works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.
Wow! Let's let that sink in for a moment.
- He closes the gap between us and Him by forgiving us of our sins.
- He helps us to be well by healing our diseases.
- He redeems our lives from the pit. Without Him, we'd be hopelessly lost in our sin. We would have NO HOPE without Him!
- He crowns us with steadfast love and mercy. To me, this reminds me that He knows me (Psalm 103:14-17) and He loves me anyway.
- He satisfies us with good. Anything less than GOOD leaves us wanting. It leaves us craving for GOOD! James 1:17 reminds us that everything good and perfect comes from the Father.
- He works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. When we think of our earthly politicians and judges, we think about corruption. Yet, God is the perfect judge who is able to give perfect justice. God notices and acts on the behalf of the oppressed. (Exodus 2:23-25)
If serving God has all these amazing benefits, then what's holding us back from surrendering wholeheartedly to Him? What's holding us back from pursuing His call on our lives and being a part of His grand plan?
Over the next eleven days, we will be going over different hindrances that might be holding us back from pursuing God and His call wholeheartedly.
Check out the other posts in this series!
- What's Holding You Back: Introduction
- What's Holding You Back: Procrastination
- What's Holding You Back: Inexperience
- What's Holding You Back: Rejection
- What's Holding You Back: Fear
- What's Holding You Back: Age
- What's Holding You Back: The Wrong Perspective
- What's Holding You Back: Bitterness
- What's Holding You Back: Sin
- What's Holding You Back: Grief
- What's Holding You Back: Stress
- What's Holding You Back: Unbelief
- What's Holding You Back: Reflection